Humanities Engage is delighted to announce that 11 Ph.D. students have received funding for summer immersive fellowships.
Immersives provide Ph.D. students with the opportunity to gain experiences with host organizations in collaborative, mission-focused project work drawing on their high-level skills as researchers and writers.
- Amanda Awanjo (English) - Women of Visions and University Art Gallery
- Jessica Batychenko (English) - Monument Lab
- Dominique Branson (Linguistics) - Gender Equity Commission
- Courtney Colligan (Theatre Arts) - The Women and Girls Foundation
- Sreemoyee Dasgupta (English) - ARYSE
- Darrelstan Ferguson (Hispanic Languages and Literatures) - Voices Against Violence
- Felix Helbing (Slavic Languages and Literatures) - Federation of Tech Workers and Work Hard Pittsburgh
- Victoria LaFave (Theatre Arts) - Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre
- Alison Mahoney (Theatre Arts) - CO/LAB Theater Group
- Taylor Waits (English) - Single Seed Enrichment School
- Oscar Zapata Garcia (Hispanic Languages and Literatures) - Casa San Jose
On behalf of the Steering Committee, we would like to extend warm thanks to all graduate student applicants.
July 1, 2021