Humanities Engage is committed to making the full spectrum of postdoctoral humanistic careers visible, valued, and viable.
We want to understand and support your career objectives as you pursue flexible pathways toward the timely completion of your degree. We want to help empower you to develop and articulate strategic competencies for humanistic careers within and beyond academia.
As a starting point, check out the following resources:
- Advising, Coaching, and Mentoring
- Career Exploration Tools and Resources
- Dissertation Support & Innovative Dissertations
- Innovative Scholarship Resources at Pitt
- Professional Development Map for All Careers (PDF)
Be sure to also check out the following:
- Funding opportunities for professional development through immersive fellowships, curricular development opportunities, and immersive dissertation research.
- Our blog highlighting the exciting things graduate students and faculty are doing.
- Events for professional development
- Pitt Humanists in the World on Pitt Commons, a community supporting the professional and career development of current students and alums associated with Pitt’s Humanities graduate programs.
We welcome you to reach out to us for other resources or with suggestions on how we can best support your career exploration and professional development.