As we re-imagine the Humanities Ph.D., Humanities Engage makes funding opportunities available for graduate students in the Arts and Humanities (to include History).
Pitch Your Own Summer Immersive (PDF). The competition for summer 2021 is now open. Applications will be reviewed, and fellowship stipends awarded, on a rolling basis and as long as resources last.
- For examples of organizations that have previously hosted students, please see the Humanities Engage Funding Awardees page.
- The below websites can also help with finding organizations that may have the capacity to collaborate with you to develop a project that would impact their mission:
- Tips for Creating Your Own Internship
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to schedule a consultation with Dr. Marques Redd, Senior Director for Graduate Advising and Engagement for the Humanities (firstname.lastname@example.org), to discuss the viability of their prospective project. Applicants considering projects with organizations in the Pittsburgh region are requested to contact Dr. Redd first so that he can help orient them to pre-existing contacts and liaise appropriately.
Curricular Development Opportunity for Ph.D. Students (PDF): New Collections-Based Modules in Existing Undergraduate Courses. The competition for AY22 is now open. Applications are due May 28, 2021.
- ARYSE (PDF) (Alliance for Refugee Youth Support and Education)
- Carnegie Museum of Natural History (PDF)
- Monument Lab (PDF)
- Pittsburgh Gender Equity Commission (PDF), Mayor’s Office of Equity
- RefocusED - Voices Against Violence (PDF)
- Women of Visions, Inc. (PDF) and the University Art Gallery
Pitch Your Own Immersive Fellowship (AY 2020-2021). Immersives must be completed by the end of the semester for Spring 2021 graduates or by June 30, 2021. Applications will be reviewed, and grants awarded, on a rolling basis and as long as resources last.
Immersive Dissertation Research Fellowships. The competition for fellowships in 2021/22 is now open. Ph.D. students please contact your DGS.